East End Urid Whole (Black Matpe Bean)
Urid Whole is a principal ingredient in Indian cooking. It is cooked in almost every Indian home due to its simplicity and flavor. Urid Whole can be used with a wide range of spices and can be cooked using different methods.
1. Sort through and discard any hardened kernels, etc.
2. Wash in 3-4 changes of clean water.
3. Soak in enough water to cover for at least 30 minutes.
4. Replace water with fresh water, bring to the boil and boil for at least 10 minutes.
5. Simmer for 1 1/4 hour or until tender ensuring saucepan does not run dry.
Suitable for Vegetarians
Packed in a plant that handles Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame Seeds, Gluten, Wheat, Milk Powder, Soya & Mustard.
|Typical values||per 100gms uncooked|
|of which sugars||2.4g|
|of which saturates||2.4g|