Banku Mix Flour 1 kg from Elsie’s
Ingredients: Corn 70 %, Cassava 30 %
Storage Instructions: Keep in a cool and dry place, max 15°C.
- Add 1 cup Banku Mix to 1.5 cups of water. Mix until it becomes a fine paste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Put Banku Mix on fire and gradually stir with a strong wooden spoon or paddle.
- Lower the heat and stir constantly to keep it from forming lumps.
- Scrap the bottom of the pan and turn the dough as it cooks.
- If necessary, add a little water to keep it from scorching, turn down the heat.
- Stir the banku for about 15 minutes.
- Once the banku is cooked, remove it from the heat and let it sit for a few minutes.
- When it is cool enough to handle, wet your hands and shape the banks into one large or several small loaves Banku, ready to be served hot or cold with palm nut soup or any other African soup choice.
State of Origin: Product of Ghana
|Typical Values||Per 80g|
|Energy||1514 kJ / 357 kcal|
|of which saturates||0.3 g|
|of which sugar||0.9 g|