We know that by choosing to shop with us, you’ve placed a great deal of trust in us. We also understand that you want the personal information you give us to be kept private as well as secure. To reassure you that we feel the same way, here’s how we will and, more importantly, will not use the personal information you give us.
What we collect and whyThe information we gather from customers helps us to continually improve the service we offer to our customers. When you shop with us, there are different ways we gather information about you:
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address and contact details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a registered customer and to fulfil the orders you place with us. Storing this information means you do not need to re-enter these details each time you shop. If you place an order, we also ask you for your debit or credit card details but we don’t store these; we only store an encrypted token that represents your payment card.
- We keep a record of your purchases with us, which means we can create lists of your favourite items to make your shopping experience quicker and more convenient. It also means we can deal a lot quicker with any problems you may experience with your order.
- We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you’ve had with our products or services.
How we use your personal informationAll the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used by members of the Spice Town Group to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
- Monitoring and improving any of our websites and our services.
- Planning and managing our business activities, including analysing customers’ shopping habits and preferences.
- Enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- Conducting market research including statistical analysis of customer behaviour that we may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email or as part of your delivery) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. Such communications from Spice Town might include advertising for or offers from third parties (which we will pass on, on our partner’s behalf. We will never pass your information outside of the Spice Town Group for marketing purposes).
- Assessing your request for delivery of groceries from us where we may make enquiries about you including searching your records held by organisations.
- Enabling a debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary.
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website or services.
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order.
When we share your personal informationInformation about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell or provide your information to anyone else to enable them to send you direct marketing unless you agree otherwise. However, there are circumstances where it is necessary for us to share personal information in order for us to provide our customers with our superior delivery service. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure. The circumstances where we may share some of your information with others are described below:
- Third party service providers We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example we engage companies to analyse customer information, provide marketing assistance, process credit card payments. We also engage agents including credit reference agencies, fraud prevention and detection agencies and debt collection agencies that we use to process the orders you place with us or who assist us in the service we provide to you. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
- Promotional offers Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of other businesses. We will not permit other businesses to contact our customers directly and all such promotional offers will come via us.
- Research companies To outside research companies whom we may ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our products and services (in which case we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function).
- Protection We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property or safety of Spice Town, our customers, our business partners or others.
- Fraud Prevention Where we have reason to suspect fraud or the commission of any other criminal offence, we may share your data (such as your name, household information, details of failed payments and your orders placed with us) with crime prevention agencies and certain third parties for the purpose of detecting and preventing crime. Such third parties may include business partners, law enforcement bodies, providers of fraud prevention and detection services, and recipients of fraud prevention and detection services.
- With your consent Other than as set out above you will receive notice when information about you may be sent to a third party and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.