MDH Sindhi Biryani Masala 100 g
Spices blend for rice cooked with meats
INGREDIENTS: Salt, Coriander, Dried Plums, Chilli, Mint, Mango, Cassia, Musk Melon, Turmeric, Cumin, Cloves, Garlic, Black Pepper, Green Cardamom, Nutmeg, Mace, Star Anise, Cardamom Amomum, Fennel.
RECIPE: Sindhi Biryani Masala
- Marinate 500 g chicken/meat pieces (cubed, with bone) in a mix of yogurt, ginger-garlic paste, salt and lemon juice for 30 minutes
- Also soak 500 g Basmati rice twice the volume of water for 20 minutes
- Chop 100 g onions and 200 g peeled potatoes (pieces of 1.5 cm³) and slit/cut 10 small green chillies
- Fry them in 150 g cooking oil till onions are brown and potatoes cooked
- Add chopped 200 g tomatoes, one pack of Sindhi Biryani Masala and little water
- Mix well, stir and cook till tomatoes are soft
- Add marinated meat/chicken pieces and 3 cups of water and cook till meat is tender and little curry remains
- Boil soaked rice till half the water remains
- In a large cook and serve pan place rice in layers with meat/chicken mix in between
- Add remaining water till rice is well cooked
- Mix gently before serving along with natural yogurt or “raita”.