Patak’s Madras Spice Paste Hot 283 g is a balanced blend of 11 spices captured in oil for a deep, rich, authentic flavor. Pataks Madras Spice Paste Hot is an authentic blend of aromatic spices, coriander, paprika and chili for a beautifully balanced Madras dish.
Water, Ground Spices (24 %) [Coriander (7 %), Paprika (4 %), Cardamom, Cumin, Spices, Fenugreek, Black Pepper, Ginger], Rapeseed Oil (18 %), Salt, Maize Flour, Acids (Acetic Acid, Citric Acid), Tamarind, Mustard Powder, dried crushed Red Chili (0,5 %), Garlic Powder, Black Mustard Seed.
For allergens, see ingredients in bold. May also contain peanuts and nuts. THIS PRODUCT MUST BE COOKED.
- gluten free.
Store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 weeks of opening and before the best before the end date. Best Before End: See Lid.
|Typical Values||Per 100g|
|Energy||636 kJ / 154 kcal|
|of which saturates||1,0 g|
|of which sugars||1,9 g|
BEEF MADRAS RECIPE • SERVES 4
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add 1 medium diced onion, fry until soft.
- Add 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger, 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic and ½ a jar of Patak’s Madras Spice Paste, cook for 1–2 minutes. Add 50 ml of water, cook, until the water has evaporated.
- Add 500 g diced beef, cook until sealed. Add 150 ml water, simmer covered until the beef is cooked (approx. 50 minutes).
- Add 200 g chopped tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until the beef is tender.
- Season to taste, garnish with 1 tablespoon freshly chopped coriander and serve with rice and naan.